Terms & Conditions
Please read these Terms & Conditions carefully before using the Environmental Defence Society (EDS) Online Purchasing Site (for book purchases, membership payments and donations). By using the Site, you are agreeing to be bound by the following terms and conditions. If you choose not to be bound by the terms and conditions, EDS does not grant you the right to use the Site and you must not use this Site.
The Environmental Defence Society may vary these Terms & Conditions at any time. Any variations become effective on posting. By making a purchase or donation through this Site after the terms and conditions have been varied, you agree to be bound by the variation.
Terms of trade
- Selected items will be forwarded by New Zealand Post once payment has been successfully processed
- For orders within New Zealand please allow 10 working days for delivery of your purchase
- Orders from Australia should allow an additional 10 working days and for orders from other overseas countries please allow up to 20 working days for delivery.
- All retail orders within New Zealand incur a NZ$6.50 delivery charge for the first item and an additional $1.50 per additional item.
- Prices listed are GST inclusive, in NZ dollars. Overseas buyers should proceed through the ordering process as usual and a GST exclusive price will be calculated.
- This Site accepts payment by Visa and MasterCard
- All claims for non-delivery should be made within 3 months of order
- The Environmental Defence Society reserves the right to alter book prices and specifications, and the terms above without notice
The Environmental Defence Society will accept returns of books purchased directly from us with a copy of the order acknowledgement email you received on placing your order. Books not purchased through this website will need to be accompanied with a copy of the original invoice. Books purchased from other sellers will need to be returned to the point of purchase.
Returned items must be in resaleable condition.
When returning items to us, please indicate the reason for your return on the reverse side of the delivery note and include the delivery note with the returned items. For your protection, you may wish to send your return via insured parcel post. Please send all returns to:
Environmental Defence Society
PO Box 91736
Victoria St West, Auckland 1142
The Environmental Defence Society will not pay for return delivery charges unless we have made a delivery error. All returns, including any credits applied for return delivery charges, will be credited to the credit card used in the purchase. We will make every effort to process returned items within 7-10 business days. Please note that it may take 1-2 billing cycles for your bank to add the credit to your statement.
We guarantee the book you purchase will reach you in good condition. If it does not please return the item to us (within 30 days of receipt) and we will replace it or refund the full cost of the book. Delivery and handling expenses are not subject to refund unless the book was damaged or we sent you the wrong product. If so, we will absorb the costs to send you the correct item. This does not affect your statutory rights.
We accept Visa and MasterCard credit cards. Credit cards are handled by our secure server and charged in real time. Payment can also be made through the post by cheque. If you wish to send a cheque please print off the order form, marking your selection and send to us with your payment at the address above.
All prices are inclusive of GST which is payable in New Zealand. GST is zero-rated for purchasers outside New Zealand and the online booking system allows for this.
We do accept purchase orders if you are a corporate or organisational customer, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to make special arrangements.
Please Note - This contract is governed by and construed in accordance with New Zealand law and customers agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New Zealand.